I absolutely loved creating this recipe! It was inspired by something my mom made when I was a kid. I don't remember much but I recall cornbread, ground beef and sour cream, and I remember loving it! I created my own rendition and my husband & I loved it! It's quick and easy and it's a win!
There are so many varieties of pasta dishes. Here is my quick, easy, yet, hearty version of a traditional classic, Spaghetti & Meatballs!
1. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and turn stove on to medium heat.
3. As skillet begins to heat, dice the yellow onion into small-medium sized chunks.
4. Add onions to heated skillet and cook, stirring regularly, until the onions are translucent and softened. (*You can even chop and sauté garlic & portobello mushrooms with the onions for added flavor and texture)
5. Pour pasta sauce into a medium pot and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add diced onions to the sauce and stir often to prevent scorching.
6. Add turkey meatballs and basil to the pot that holds the sauce and turn the heat down to low to simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. While the sauce is simmering, spaghetti will be ready. Drain spaghetti in a colander, return to pot and coat lightly with coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
8. Once the sauce & meatballs are heated, turn off the stove.
9. Scoop paste into bowls or into plates. Top with sauce while divying meatballs equally.
10. Garnish your spaghetti with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
11. Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!
Like many of you, I'm busy! I'm a wife and I work a full-time job while juggling my other responsibilities. I cook dinner every night unless we go out for date night or a special occasion, so I decided to share my recipes with you here. I'm all about creating delicious, eye-catching meals in the least amount of time possible. I'm okay with taking short-cuts during the week! I hope you enjoy!